The Australasian Industrial Research Group (AIRG) is the professional body for managers responsible for technological innovation and R&D in companies operating in Australia & New Zealand. The AIRG also has affiliate members who come from public research agencies, universities and service groups; each with interests in R&D and innovation.
The AIRG’s role is to improve the quality of research management in Australia & New Zealand by organising activities which stimulate greater understanding of the effective management of research and development and innovation as a force to drive economic, industrial and societal activities.
AIRG Members derive the following benefits:
- Benchmarking - Opportunities for involvement in benchmarking discussions on technological innovation, R&D management and organisational issues within Australian & New Zealand businesses to identify and promote greater effectiveness in R&D operations,
- Knowledge - Access to forums and relevant material delivered by experts in technological innovation, concentrating on aspects of evolving management processes designed to achieve high levels of competitive performance,
- Networking - Opportunities to build a network of contacts among peers in research, development and technological innovation,
- Government Policy - Awareness and clarification of government policies affecting research, development and technological innovation, and the provision of opportunities to influence national and state policy development in these fields,
- International connections - Access to national and international conferences, together with information and material from other international organisations active in technological innovation.
If you would like further details or you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the AIRG Executive Office:
GPO Box 3587
Melbourne VIC 3001
P: 03 9864 0913
F: 03 9864 0930
AIRG Summer Meeting 2014
AIRG Summer Meeting
Industrial Technology and Innovation: the Western Australian Perspective
Perth, 26-28 February 2014
Click here for further details and registration form.
AIRG Achievement Recognition Award
The AIRG Australasian SME Technological Innovation was awarded to Blamey Saunders hears for their invention and retailing of proprietary self-fitting hearing aids based on bionic ear technology, with a fully integrated telehealth service model, on Wednesday 28 August 2013. Please see further details HERE.
AIRG Southern Region Meeting
The AIRG Southern Region held a Dinner Meeting in Camberwell on Wednesday 13 November. The topic of this was The Future of Product Development, with a presentation by Professor Geoff Brooks, Swinburne University of Technology. Click here for further details.
WORLD FEDERATION OF INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATIONS
AIRG is a Founding Member of the World Federation of Industrial Research Associations. The Memorandum of Understanding was signed by AIRG President, Leonie Walsh, in Washington, 21 May 2013. Further details can be seen HERE.
AIRG Winter Meeting 2013
How is Technology and Innovation Performed in Australasia's Newer Industries?
The AIRG Winter Meeting 2013 was held in Melbourne, 27-29 August, with support from RMIT University. More details can be seen here.